Online shopping is a very convenient way to do your holiday shopping. However, you should consider the following security items:
- Dare to be different and use unique passwords for each online store.
- Take a moment and change your online account passwords for your favorite retailers. It’s recommended that passwords be changed at least quarterly.
- Make sure the sites you are putting payment card information into are secure. Look for the little lock icon in the browser and that there is an “https://” preceding the web address. Sometimes there will be green highlight on the URL indicating the site is secure. If none of those are present, do not enter personal information.
- Be sure you have anti-virus and anti-malware software installed and keep it updated.
- Always be very cautious when providing your card information to any website.
Take a moment to prepare your holiday list with these online shopping tips for the best success.